The December 9, 1963 FBI Report
The President of the United States, John F. Kennedy was shot shortly after noon on November 22, 1963 while riding in the presidential limousine through Dallas, Texas. He was pronounced dead at Parkland Hospital at 1 PM that same day.
On Sunday, the 24th, the man who was accused of the president’s murder was killed while in Dallas police custody. The following day, Assistant Director of the FBI Sullivan ordered the agents in the Dallas FBI office to shut down any further investigation of the murder.
On December 9, 1963 the FBI leaked a copy of their report to the media. In that report, they concluded that:
1) Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin. And that,
2) Lee Harvey Oswald fired three shots from the sixth floor of the Book Depository Building. And that,
3) All shots were fired from behind President Kennedy.
The Report further attested that:
1) The first shot hit President Kennedy’s in his back, five and one half inches down from his collar and two inches to the right of his spine.
2) A second shot fired one and eight tenths of a second later, hit Governor Connally in his back.
3) The third shot hit President Kennedy in the head, killing him.